What is the 494 Skilled Employer-Sponsored Visa?
The new subclass 494 Skilled Employer-Sponsored Visa will be replacing the subclass 187 (RSMS) visa on the 16th of November 2019.
9,000 places will be available to the program each year and it does not grant immediate permanent residency, like the outgoing subclass 187, but upon completion of the new visa subclass, applicants will be eligible to apply for the incoming subclass 191 skilled regional permanent residency visa in the future.
The employer/sponsor must be located in a regional area of Australia which does not include organizations in Sydney, Brisbane, Goldcoast, Perth, and Melbourne. The position must be on the relevant occupation list (as shown here) and the employer will need approval from the Regional Certifying Body (RCB) of that area. Must be a genuine full-time position and be paid the Australian Market Salary Rate.
Eligibility Criteria (Subclass 494)
- Acquire and hold a suitable skills assessment
- Must have completed 3 years full-time experience in that relevant occupation
- Must be under 45
- Must demonstrate Competent English
The Permanent Residency Pathway (Subclass 191)
The Subclass 494 is a 5-year visa, and to be eligible to apply for the subclass 191 (permanent residence skilled regional) visa the following must be met:
- You must have worked in the designated regional area for at least 3 years whilst holding the subclass 494 visa
- Must show earings of the Australian Salary Market Rate of $53,900 for 3 years.
For any further updates on the incoming regional visas, Please feel free to contact us.