How do I qualify for Australian Citizenship?
Australia welcomes applications from eligible permanent residents who wish to make their commitment to the country by becoming Australian citizens. Please contact us for further information on how to apply for citizenship.
What is IELTS?
IELTS is a test designed to assess a visa applicant’s English language ability. IELTS means International English Language Testing System, is an international standardised test of English language proficiency and is used by DIBP as a tool to assess English Language ability for many skilled work visas.
Who can certify a copy of a document?
Any person or agency recognised by the law of the country in which you live can certify documents. Justice of the peace, pharmacists/chemists can also certify documents. You might have to pay for this service.Any documents relating to: a visa application can be certified by a registered migration agent.
How soon can my application be submitted?
This depends on you and your partner and your ability to gather all the required documentation. We work with you and your time frames and important deadlines that you specify, ideally we like to move fairly promptly once you have made the decision for us to represent you.
How long will it take to process my application?
Because we do not grant the visa it is up to the government agency we can only give you approximate time’s which the agency has provided to us. Also the complexity of your particular application will impact on this time frame, so very generally:
- Visa Processing Times (Approximately)
- Family Visas 2-14 months
- Partner Visas 2-14 months
- Parent and other family Capped and queued
- Visitor Visa 1 day to 1.5 months
- Temporary Work Visa 5 working days to 3 months
- Student, Training and Research Visa 7 days to 3 months
- Skilled Migration 3 to 18 months
- Business Innovation and Investment Visa 9 to 28 months
What are the important things I need to remember about my visa?
Here are a few important things you need to keep in mind:
- * You need to be granted and hold an Australian visa to enter or stay in Australia, unless you are an Australian citizen.
- * Keep a copy of your visa grant notification letter. This letter contains your visa grant number and other important information about your visa.
- * You do not need a visa label in your passport to travel to, enter or stay in Australia.
- * Confirm other countries’ travel and visa requirements with any relevant foreign government authorities before you travel. * You can use Visa Entitlement Verification Online (VEVO) for free to check your visa status and entitlements.
Employers, schools, banks and other organisations may be able to check your entitlements online with your consent using VEVO. We may also share your visa information with some Australian Government agencies.
What are the average band English Test Scores for Subclass 485 and 457?
- Hold a passport from the UK, Ireland, USA, Canada or New Zealand; or
- IELTS (Academic or General Training): overall average of 6 and at least 5 in each band; or
- Occupational English Test (OET): B Pass in each band; or
- Pearson (PTE Academic): overall average of 50 with at least 36 in each band; or
- TOEFL iBT (Internet Based Test): total score of 64, with at least 4 in Listening and Reading, and at least 14 in Writing and Speaking; or
- Cambridge (CAE): 169 overall average with at least 154 in each band.
For the Temporary Work Subclass 457 Visas, the new English requirements are:
- IELTS: overall average score of 5, with a minimum score of at least 4.5 in each band; or
- OET: “B pass” is required for all 4 components of the OET; or
- TOEFL iBT: total band score of 36, with at least 3 in Listening and Reading and at least 12 in Speaking and Writing; or
- PTE Pearson Test of English (Academic): Average band score of 36, with minimum of 30 in each band; or
- CAE Cambridge English: Advanced: Average band score of 154, with minimum of 147 in each band.