Partner Visas details

The Partner category allows Partners and Prospective Partners of Australian citizens, Australian permanent residents or eligible New Zealand citizens to enter and/or to remain permanently in Australia, sponsored by their partner.

This visa category may apply to people intending to marry (fiancés); married couples; de-facto couples and couples in same sex relationships.

Partner applications may be lodged in or outside Australia, and this depends on a range of factors, including your individual circumstances, current visa conditions if you are in Australia and eligibility criteria that you must meet to make an application in this category.The main requirement for the successful grant of a partner visa is that your relationship is on-going and genuine and that you and your partner meet eligibility criteria. Specific evidentiary requirement are required to be provided where we will guide you throughout the entire application process.

Applying for a Partner Visa can be tedious and we understand that it is of high importance that your partner can join you in Australia as quickly as possible. At Leap Smart, we can offer you expert advice and have substantial experience in dealing with any difficult issues that may arise when applying for all types of partner visas.

Parent Migration – Parent and Contributory Parent: This visa allows parents to migrate to Australia to join their children who are living in Australia. This visa requires that you be sponsored by your child, or another eligible sponsor, in Australia.

Remaining Relative: This visa is for people whose only near relatives are usually resident in Australia and are Australian citizens, Australian permanent residents or eligible New Zealand citizens. This visa requires you to be sponsored by an eligible relative (or your relative’s eligible partner), in Australia.

Carer: This visa is for people who are needed to care for an Australian relative or a member of their family unit who has a medical condition. This visa requires the applicant to be sponsored by their Australian relative or their Australian relative’s partner.

Child Migration: This visa is a permanent visa that allows a child to travel to and remain in Australia, with their parent who is also their sponsor. The parent must be an Australian citizen, permanent resident or an eligible New Zealand citizen.

en_AUEnglish (Australia) zh_CN简体中文